Tuesday 22 September 2015

Spicy Sausage Parcels

Step one, find a pack of mid range sausages, these were from Lidl, Cumberland at £1.29. remove the skins and put into a bowl.



Step two, choose your spices, these are my favourite mix.


Oops, nearly forgot the garlic.


Step three, add a shake or so of each spice, to taste. i was heavy on the cumin and cinnamon this time.


Mix well together, use your hands, easier and faster than faffing with spoon or fork. Shape into balls and dredge with flour, I use gram, just because I like it.


Select your bacon, this is from Lidl and costs £1.50 a Kg.


Be sure to find a pack with thin rashers, you don't want chunky chops here.


Step four, wrap each ball in two rashers to cover.


Step five, place in a lined dish or tin so they do not touch and cook for around 25 minutes in a moderate to hot oven, mine go on the same shelf as the roasties.


Step six, place on dinner plate snuggled up to some roast chicken, roasties and veg.
 Enjoy.

I vary this, sometimes I use very good sausages and add some soft breadcrumbs and an egg. fresh sage leaves and or thyme are good.
Chopped onion and garlic softened in a little oil and mixed in when cool are yummy.
The whole finished ball can be wrapped in pastry and baked for 35 minutes and served as a main meal.

                                                  Pam.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a two blog blogger! And this looks scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you mange to find and comment, I am struggling.

      Delete
  2. Yippee I found you and I cannot wait to make this . Thanks Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this new blog Pam, will you be adding a followers button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a follow by email button, I can not remember how to add GFC but am working on it.

      Delete
    2. I think these would also be great on there own with some mash and veg, I have added this to my recipe collection, simple and delicious just the kind of thing I like cooking, thankyou.

      Delete
  4. Wow, very impressive you managed it I just clicked on the new blog bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how, but there was no blue air. I did reward myself with tea and cake.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Well done Pam! You are much more IT savvy than me, yes you are it has been proved! And I like your recipe too, I do something similar, and LOVE that you are keeping up our tradition of buying bacon bits! (Or 'cooking bacon' as they call it these days!) Well done again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can not cope without the bacon, they have the thick chops as well, one pack that I bought had just 1 small joint in it, a bonus roast.

      Delete
  6. Yum, yum and more yum. You are now my online recipe book.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise indeed, I have now made another batch of your Apple Cake, I used mixed spice and added a generous handful of dried mixed fruit. Very Nice.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Well done Pam...parcels look yummy...xx

    ReplyDelete