Wednesday 23 September 2015

Surprise dinner

I do not write a detailed meal plan as I get distracted too readily. Instead I have a list of meals that I can make from what is in stock. That sometimes goes out the window, it did yesterday. I planned a fridge bottom omelette but was in Neath in the afternoon and while waiting for my passengers return I had a mooch round Morrisons.

Look what I picked up.


Just under half price, I see a tasty work free dinner for 2 and leftovers.



Well just a little work, half a green chilli and a small courgette chopped/sliced.
Oh I sliced up one of the pak choi as well.


A large dollop of my home made plum and chilli jam.


A slurp of rapeseed oil (from Norfolk) and into a hot wok.
Throw about and add a handful of chicken rescued from Sunday's roast, the jam and a glug of sherry vinegar. It was a little on the dry side so I popped in a couple of tablespoons of jellied chicken stock. Salt and pepper and a scattering of Coriander leaves once it was in the bowls.

I did not cook any carbs as (thanks to Mum) I had some awesome Apple cake and a little creammmmmmmmm.

There were no leftovers, it was far too good. I do have the biggest Pak Choi in the fridge and that will go into todays dinner.

A good meal for very little outlay in cash or energy (both gas and mine)

             TTFN                                                  Pam



8 comments:

  1. Great to see the new blog up and running now it will be easier to find all those lovely things you throw together :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aiming to post as many of my "chuck it together" meals as I can. I learned this at my Grannies elbow but so many people can have a fridge and pantry full of food but can not see a meal in there.

      Delete
  2. Yum I rather fancy a plate of that . Gosh Pam you are so busy and now with two blogs. I love this recipe blog as your food always looks tasty. Thanks again.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was very tasty with a nice little kick from the chilli.

      Delete
  3. I love 'bung it all in' recipes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like very little washing up.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete