Monday 5 October 2015

Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry

A really filling meal, as spicy as you like, so easy and quick to make.

Start with "the trilogy", green pepper, celery and onion,oops only have red onions so I used a leek. Dice and sweat in a little oil for around 5 minutes.


Meanwhile separate half a cauliflower into florets and dice or slice as the fancy takes you, drain and rinse a can of chick peas.


Choose your spices, I used 1 tsp of all of these and added a good big pinch of dried Fenugreek leaves. Then decided to add a bit more curry powder.


I used the whole tin of tomatoes, just chopped with a knife in the tin, and a heaped tsp of paste.


Add the spices to the pan, stir through and cook for 2 minutes 


then add the tomatoes, paste and enough vegetable stock to make the sauce. Simmer for 20 -30 minutes, serve, eat and enjoy.


3 good servings with some rice or even a jacket potato.

This is my dish full, I had some garlic bread with it and am stuffed to the gills.



Sometimes I want the veg but not the curry, so I use smoked paprika, garlic granules, black pepper and dried basil instead of the curry spices. You end up with a goulash type meal which is just as good.

Tomorrow I am making Chestnut and Mushroom stuffed cabbage leaves in tomato sauce.

      TTFN                                                                      Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment