Saturday 10 October 2015

Roast Vegetable Tart.

I do not claim to have invented this, I saw it somewhere a few days ago. I have made versions in the past but this time I more or less copied what I saw ( at least what I remembered).

First I dug a block of puff pastry out of the freezer to defrost.

Then I had a recce in the fridge and did this.



Peppers deseeded and pith removed , celery, onion and garlic skinned, all diced and tossed in a little oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, then into a tray to roast. I had some steamed cauliflower and broccoli as well so tossed that in the same oil  mix.
These were roasted for 30 minutes and then left to cool.


I rolled the pastry out into a rectangle that just fitted my tin, 10" by 15", on a silicone baking sheet it is easier to handle then, and made a very shallow cut 1/2 to 1" inside the edge all the way round. Lifted it into the tin and spread a pot of cream cheese with herbs inside the cut .



Top with the roasted veg, the cauli and broccoli were for another dish.

Bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes, it should be well risen and smell divine.




I am going to ' fess up to eating a third of this, it was wonderful and I was stuffed, but not to the point of immobility.

The puff pastry was from Farm Foods and I think that it is 69p, The cream cheese was from Lidl and is very cheap, the veg was left from last weeks shopping and used up the last few bits in the salad drawer.
It fed 2 amply with left overs, took minimal work and gave maximum taste.

Try it out, I will be making it again with silken tofu to replace the cream cheese as one of my vegan days.

               TTFN                                              Pam

5 comments:

  1. I wish I lived next door to you ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, wrong way round, I wish I lived next door ( or within a few miles) of you.

      Delete
    2. That would be just as wonderful x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was so good, I really stuffed myself stupid.

      Delete